4K has become such a common thing that even your $400 smartphone can record videos at 4K quality. And, if you have an iPhone or professional devices like GoPro or DJI, you’re in heaven. The problem, however, is when you have to deal with videos shot at 4K. First of all, 4K videos take up way too much space for storage — there is no denying it.
Second, not every digital device can smoothly play 4K content, without making certain quality compromises here and there. So, every once in a while, you will have to convert your 4K videos. This may be done to make the video work on certain devices or to save some space off your SSD. And, in either cases, you need a powerful video editor like WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.
We came across WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe a while back and figured that it’s a really good converter you can count on. In this article, we have a practice-oriented review of this tool, explaining how useful it can be in dealing with high-quality video content. Shall we begin?
What Is WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe?
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is a professional-quality video converter that is available for Windows. You can use this tool to convert 4K and non-4K videos to a wide variety of media formats out there. It does not matter if you are trying to convert 4K to MP4 or MKV to AAC, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe will be right for the purpose.
There is also a macOS version of the same program from the developer, but that’s entirely different. For now, let’s see what this Windows app is offering. Now that you know the basic details about the tool, we’ll check out what makes it different.
Features Worth Noting
While WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe has so many features inside, we believe the following deserve special mention.
- Unparalleled Compatibility: WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe currently supports 200+ media formats that work across hundreds of devices. You can convert 4K content to formats that will sure-shot work on devices from Samsung, Huawei, Microsoft, Sony PlayStation, Apple iPhone etc.
- Video Compression: You can also find a dedicated video compression feature in WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. This will help you to compress the size of a 4K video into 720p or 1080p and thus save storage space.
- Editing Functions: You may want to make small-level changes to the video before exporting, right? In that case, you can count on this tool. It offers standard editing features like cropping, splitting, add-subtitle and several other adjustments.
- Video Downloads: In the additional section of WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe, you can find a fully-fledged solution for downloading videos from YouTube and other web platforms. It’s like icing on the cake for sure.
Of course, everything would be in vain if it’s not for the superb UI of WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. Let’s see how that is through a tutorial.
Compressing 4K Videos to MP4 via WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
Suppose you have a high-quality 4K video in the MKV format. And you want it to compress and save to MP4, which is more compatible and space-saving. Shall we see how you can do that?
First you have to download and install WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe on your computer. This process will not take more than a few seconds. Once launched, you can see an Interface that is shown in the screenshot.
- You have to load the MKV file that you are planning to convert.
- In the next step, choose MP4 from the list of available target formats. There is also an option to set the preferred quality of the video — also the conversion speed.
- After making additional changes to the video, hit the Run button.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe will start converting the 4K MKV to MP4. Depending on the size and quality of the file, this process may take up to a few minutes. We found the process is faster, thanks to the powerful hardware acceleration used by the program.
That’s how easy the process of 4K compression in WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is. This is the process to be followed for other needs as well. That is, for instance, if you want to convert HEVC to MP4.
The Bottom Line
Considering all these points above, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is indeed the best 4K video converter you can get today. It packs all the necessary features you’re looking for in a program and the speeds are also great. To say the least, you will have the smoothest video conversion experience using this wonderful tool. So, make sure you check out WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe the next time you have to deal with 4K video and conversion.