After a lot of teasers and leaked information, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the fifth generation of the South Korean manufacturer’s tablet was finally revealed. And boy, what a great device it is! It received a lot of positive feedback, from both users and tech authorities, and we can totally relate.
In terms of camera and display, it’s the best smartphone on the market, while the rest of the spec sheet is also high end. But, like always, such a great device is far from being affordable, so a lot of people will get one with a one or two-year contract, from their carrier of choice.
On the other side, the biggest disadvantage of the whole deal is that your brand new smartphone will be locked in a specific network, without the possibility of switching carriers. Still, this shouldn’t be an issue at all, as you can easily unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 by code.
The whole process is very simple and it takes just a few minutes. Not to mention that it can be done by everybody, as no technical knowledge is required. You don’t need any special software or cables, as everything can be done from the comfort of your phone.
In order to unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 5, you need to follow three easy steps:
- Find an unlock code provider, like UnlockUnit.com or UnlockScope.com, both of them being able to give your phone some freedom, at some more than reliable rates.
- Place an order, by visiting the order page and providing the following information:
- your phone’s IMEI (it can be found by dialing *#06#)
- the name and country of the network you originally bought your phone from
- a valid email address, where you will receive the code
- Insert the unlock code you just received in your phone. Replace the SIM you are currently using with one from an unsupported network and wait for your phone to display a message like “SIM Network PIN”.
After this, enter the code you just received and press “Unlock”. Your phone will now display the “Unlock successful message”, meaning that it is now unlocked and ready to be used in any network around the world!
More details about the unlocking process, alongside many tutorials for various brands can be found on the UnlockScope YouTube channel.
Also, if you want to place an order directly from your phone, using the same simple process, you can check out the UnlockScope app, available in the Google Play store, for free.
Of course, you should know that there are also other methods which can be used to unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 5, like rooting or requesting an unlock code from your current carrier.
While the first one requires proper documentation and it should be done only by somebody with a solid technical background, as there is a risk of damaging your phone, and the second can be very costly and time consuming, unlocking your phone by code remains the best option!
Finally, we should mention that unlocking your phone will bring a couple of advantages!
- If you want to switch carriers, in order to try a new offer with more data, for example, you can easily do it. Just insert another SIM in your phone and you’re ready!
- If you travel a lot, this is the perfect way of avoiding those expensive roaming fees we all hate. When you’re in another country, use a local SIM with your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and you will enjoy way lower rates when making calls in your home country.
- An unlocked phone is easier to sell and you can get a better price for it. You cannot guess in which network a potential buyer is planning to use it, so why not give him/her the freedom to use it with the desired one?
As you can see, unlocking your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has a lot of pluses, so if you’re still thinking if you should do it or not, our recommendation is to go for it right now!