Sony Xperia Z is the latest and by far the most promising Android Smart Phone by Sony.Rooting in Android is an act of accessing root user permissions which can be useful to install Apps that need root access and boost up the performance of your Android device.
Note that rooting may void your device warranty, So Try this at your own risk.Techiestuffs authors are not be held responsible incase your device is damaged in this process.
The following rooting method applicables for both unlocked and locked bootloaders.Refer this XDA thread to unlock and re-lock the bootloader of Sony Xperia Z.
- This rooting method is for Sony Xperia Z which comes with Jelly Bean Android version (10.1.D.0.317, 10.1.D.0.322, 10.1.A.1.350).You can check Android version by visiting Settings >> About the Phone
- You need to install ABD drivers on your Windows PC .Get the drivers from here.
- Windows 8 users follow this guide to change the settings before installing the drivers mentioned above.
- Download this rooting tool kit (1.9Mb)
follow the steps sequentially
- You need to increase screen timeout to 10 mins : Settings >> Display >> Sleep >> 10 mins
- Enable USB Debugging mode : Settings >> Developer options >> Enable and Settings >> Developer options >> USB Debugging (check the option)
- Enable install from “unknown sources” option : Settings >> Security >> Unknown source (check the option)
- Save the rooting tool kit (.zip file) mentioned above in C drive (C:\) and Extract it there itself.
- Quit applications like PC Suite, PC Companion, Flashtool, etc as they will interfere with the rooting process.
- Now Connect your phone to PC and run “runme.bat” file from the extracted folder (step 4)
- Wait for few seconds till you get the option “press the button to restore the data in your phone”
- Now not down your Phone screen,It will start an App automatically and Select Restore data.
- You will see the message “if Restoring data is complete” in command prompt
- Now open your phone and dial this number *#*#7378423#*#*
- Select the option “Service tests” in your phone operation
- Now select the option “Display”.Now the screen will tuen white and few commands will be executed automatically.
- Now press power button to turn off screen wait for few seconds and press it power button again (repeat it a few time) till then keep observing the command prompt for outputs
- Finally you will see the messages like “transfer files to your phone part2“, “installing busybox,su,Superuser,etc…” & finally “Cleaning up“
- Now your phone will automatically restarts
You just rooted your new Sony Xperia Z…Cheers.
Those who are bad with written instructions follow the video tutorial
via XDA Forums