With the use of internet taking its toll on us, online marketing is evolving exponentially. Over the last decade, internet use has increased manifold and it did not take long for some brilliant minds to notice that they could use this huge traffic on the internet to advertise their product. That is how online marketing was invented and we all know how that has turned out for us today. Internet marketing along with other means of electronic marketing have surpassed print media as the means of advertising with the widest reach.
One such form of internet marketing is email marketing. Pretty much self-explanatory, email marketing involves sending emails to people getting them to view your product or service or even click on a link. Like other means of internet marketing, email marketing too has evolved over the past decade and during this time, many tools have been developed to aid us in doing so. One such very effective and popular tool is GetResponse and we’ll be reviewing this one here today. So let’s get to it.
Below mentioned are some of the key features for GetResponse:
- Email creator – GetResponse comes with 500 templates for you to choose from. You can then just fill in the content and there you go, your email will be done. Use the simple drag and drop feature to add elements to your email which are both computer and mobile compatible.
- Inbox Preview – Once you have designed your email, use the inbox preview feature to see how the email will look in different email clients across different devices.
- Landing page creator – Create a landing page in easy steps by choosing from one of the 100 templates available. Drag and drop elements to add them to the landing page.
- Social Media integration – Integrate Facebook, Twitter, RSS and many more social platforms into your email marketing programs by posting and sharing newsletters, generating auto-filling sign up forms and do much more with the social media integration feature.
- Email Analytics – After you send the emails, get a detailed review of various stats such as side-by-side email comparison, autoresponder statistics, and email ROI analysis.
GetResponse comes with different plans, each to fulfill a different purpose. Below are explained the prices and the features that come with them.
This plan gets you autoresponders, a landing page that can handle 1000 visitors every month and unlimited email marketing.
- Upto 1000 subscribers: 15$/month
- Upto 2500 subscribers: 25$/month
- Upto 5000 subscribers: 45$/month
- Upto 10000 subscribers: 65$/month
- Upto 25000 subscribers: 145$/month
- Upto 50000 subscribers: 250 $/month
- Upto 100000 subscribers: 450$/month
Pro account bumps up the number of users to 3 and also removes the limitation of the number of landing pages you get. As a bonus, you also get access to webinars with up to a 100 attendees.
- Upto 5000 subscribers: 49$/month
- Upto 10000 subscribers: 75$/month
- Upto 25000 subscribers: 165$/month
- Upto 50000 subscribers: 280$/month
- Upto 100000 subscribers: 490$/month
Max account gets you webinars with up to 500 attendees, 5 user accessibility, a custom domain and an account manager.
- Upto 10000 subscribers: 165$/month
- Upto 25000 subscribers: 255$/month
- Upto 50000 subscribers: 370$/month
- Upto 100000 subscribers: 580$/month
The features for enterprise could not be listed as you need to schedule a demo before you can opt for the Enterprise pack. This plan is recommended for businesses and companies whose list size exceeds 100,000 users. Enterprise plan starts from $799 a month.
That’s not all there is to know about the GetResponse’s payment option. You get a 30 day trial period with a list that provides for up to 250 subscribers. However, this is all not that simple. If you seem to exceed the limits imposed on you by your plan, you will have to shell out more money. Read their T&C before you make any purchase.
With all the features listed above, it is pretty much evident that GetResponse is one of the best if not the best email marketing tool available out there. The easy to use and understand UI, feature rich experience and flexible payment plans make it worth a shot. However, it is not perfect in every sense. Facts like the payment is nonrefundable and that you have to pay extra if you exceed your limit’s plans have not been mentioned on the Payment page make some people skeptical. Also, many people argue that GetResponse does not offer the level of customization that other email marketing tools do. That I guess is why you have a 30 day trial period. So that said, GetResponse still is one hell of a marketing tool and we suggest you give it a try and you won’t be disappointed.