There might be a chance when you purchase a second-hand iPhone or an iPad and found that the iCloud Activation lock on the device is enabled or it may also happen that you may forget your iCloud password. In both the situations and in similar other the device is of no use till it’s unlocked. DNS iCloud Bypass is one of the most commonly and widely used solutions in such situations to remove the activation lock. More about the method, its process, pros, and cons can be learned from the following parts.
Part 1: What is DNS iCloud Bypass method and how does it work?
Whenever the set-up of a new iOS device is done or resetting is done after the factory reset, an activation request is sent by an iOS device to the Apple Server. The request is processed by Apple and the device status is checked. If the Find My iPhone function is is enabled on the device, an iCloud Activation Lock screen will come up asking to provide the login details of the iCloud account.
So now, if you have forgotten your iCloud login name and the password or have purchased a device that is iCloud locked, the DNS Bypass method can be used where the method skips the activation path from the server of the Apple to another DNS server and thus some of the device features can be used without signing into iCloud account.
DNS stands for Domain Name System and using it, the readable names are converted into numerical IP addresses. DNS server works as the host for running the application and for the iCloud locked devices the activation path is changed from the original server of the Apple to the iCloud Bypass DNS server for the authentication.
Once the DNS is activated the device can be used for playing games, using the camera, surfing the internet, and using other applications.
Part 2. How to remove activation lock with DNS Bypass?
The Activation Lock on the iPhone can be bypassed using the iCloud DNS Server using the steps below. Before starting the process, ensure that the SIM card is inserted into the phone.
Step 1. On your, iPhone go through the setup process and select the Country & Language
Step 2. Next, the Wi-Fi setting page will appear that will ask you to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Connect to a network and look for the “i” symbol next to the network.
Note: If you do not find the symbol then go to the Home button > More Wi-Fi Settings and look for the symbol.
Step 3. Next, move to the Wi-Fi connection settings and choose the “Forget this Network” option. Tap on the i icon and the option to enter the DNS server will appear. Depending on your location, select the IP address from the below list and enter it at the DNS tab.
- America: 18.104.22.168
- South America: 22.214.171.124
- Asia: 126.96.36.199
- Europe: 188.8.131.52
- Australia and Oceania: 184.108.40.206
- Other continents: 220.127.116.11
Step 4: After the DNS is entered click on the Back option present at the top left side of the screen. Next, select the Wi-Fi network from the available options and enter the password to turn on the Wi-Fi.
Step 5. The option for the Next page will appear that you don’t have to click. Again, press on the Back option and you will enter the iCloud Bypass screen.
Step 6. Move down to the page and go to the Menu for setting up the music, internet, apps, and other functions.
Part 3: Pros and Cons of DNS iCloud Bypass:
There are several pros and cons associated with the DNS iCloud Bypass process is enlisted below.
- The process is simple and does not require any additional software download or installation
- The process is free to use and can be done without hiring any professional services
- Using the DNS iCloud Bypass process, the iOS devices can be used for several functions and apps like using the camera, browsing the internet, using apps, playing games, and more.
- There is no assurance or the guarantee that the process will unlock your devices
- The process is a partial hack and not a permanent unlock
- Only limited features of the device can be used even after unlocking the devices
- The process does not work with all the software versions and especially the latest ones
Part 4: Common questions about DNS bypass
Some of the most commonly asked questions by people regarding DNS bypass are as follows:
- Does DNS Bypass really work?
- Does DNS bypass require any additional software or program?
- Is the process simple and quick to do?
- Do all the functions of the iOS devices can be used after DNS Bypass?
- Does DNS bypass work for all iOS devices?
The answers to all these questions and more will be cleared if you go through the above parts of the article.
Part 5: A better alternative to DNS Bypass for iCloud Unlock – WooTechy iSalvor
The above-listed DNS iCloud Bypass method to remove the iCloud Activation lock is not a sure shot process and even if it works, it does not allow using all the features of the device. Moreover, the process of DNS is not compatible with all the iOS versions. Thus, considering these limitations, if you are looking for an effective alternative to the DNS Bypass method, we suggest WooTechy iSalvor as the best solution.
This is an excellent iCloud Activation Lock Bypass Tool that allows you to bypass the lock on the iPhone, iPad as well as iPod Touch. The process of bypassing the iCloud Activation Lock is quick and hassle-free and that too without the need for the password.
Features of WooTech iSalvor:
- Facilitates to bypass the activation lock without a password
- Compatible with the majority of the devices and the OS versions
- The success rate of the process is very high
- Screen locks are removed without any activation restrictions
- Find My iPhone is turned off without any need for Apple ID and password
- Previous Apple ID is removed and thus no risk of being tracked by the previous owner
- Allows using new Apple ID
- There is support for technical assistance 24X7
- Windows and Mac support
Steps for bypassing the iCloud Activation Lock using iSalvor:
Step 1. Open the installed software on your Windows or Mac system. On the main software, the screen chooses the iCloud Activation Lock Screen and then click on the Start.
Step 2. Connect your iOS device to your system using the original cable. If the device is not connected click on “Your iDevice can’t be recognized”.
Step 3. In order to bypass the iCloud Activation, device jailbreak is needed and the instructions for the same depending on whether you are using your Windows or Mac system.
Step 4. After the jailbreak is done, information about the device will appear on the interface. Click on Start Bypass after verifying with the device details.
The process to bypass the iCloud Activation will be started by the software. After successful completion of the process, the message for the same will appear. Tap on the Done button. Your iOS device is all set to be used with a new Apple ID.
DNS iCloud Bypass is a decent method that can be tried to unlock a few features of the device. But if you are looking for a hassle-free and reliable solution WooTech iSalvor works as the best choice.