While messing around Google play store, I found this app called Drivedroid. It allows you to boot any ISO image file directly from your mobile. At first, I was thinking like where it could be used and if it is totally needed and then I realized its true potential. Trust me, It’s totally worth it!
As I told, Drivedroid can boot any ISO or IMG image files directly from your mobile. You may ask, we already have pen drives and other flash drives, so why mobiles? Let us assume you are computer geek who likes to carry a set of live linux drives, a recovery disk, an antivirus and so many things needed for trouble shooting. How much will you be able to carry in your Pen drives ? But with increasing capacities of today’s smart phones, we could carry as many live disks at our pockets itself using this wonderful app. Now you are able to see the big picture right ?! Don’t get all excited. Let us look into the requisites for using Drivedroid.
- Your phone must be running on android 2.2 or higher.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- It must support USB mass storage.
If your phone meets the above requirements, you are ready to use Drivedroid!
Quick Steps :-
- Start the application.
- Select Add an image from a file.
- Now copy an ISO or IMG image to the phone or tablet first.
- Once you have at least one image on your phone, select the image file in DriveDroid that you want to boot your PC from.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB if you have not done so and make sure that USB boot is the primary boot method.
- You should notice that your PC is booting the image and not the local operating system.
That’s it. Drivedroid is a Free and paid app. The only difference is that you may get ads on free version. Support the developers of this application if you like it!
This is a Article by Guest Author :
Karthik is a computer addict trying to carve a niche for himself in this busy world.His two passions are blogging about Computer Trick and Tips and playing call of duty.